Sunday, April 27, 2014

Expensive Saturday... and Crabby, Droopy Sunday

I don't think I've been a good Mom this weekend!  I was away for nearly a full day on Saturday... and I was crabby today!  

Saturday we were up early...  and kept the kids fairly busy.  Kayson had his Tball pictures taken at 10, then we headed to Lowe's to look for patio furniture.  We found what we wanted, but there wasn't much customer service around, and the kids were out of control, so we left... but we ordered it online Saturday night.  So that's done.  

We had a quick lunch, then I headed out to get Ashley in Ankeny and we headed to Clarion for the afternoon/evening to see Hope at Prom.  It was great having one on one time with Ash...  she's really opened up to me, and I really appreciate that.  Anyway, on our way up north... I got pulled over.  Yes, lovely...  thrilled... irritated...  grr.  :)  Proud moment.  As Ashley laughed at me...  we finally got home and got to see Hope and Logan... and some of their friends.  We had a great time visiting and seeing everyone all dolled up!  It was a quick trip, but totally worth it - even with the expensive ticket.  :)  

Ryan said the kids were great for him... of course.  It's official - when one parent is gone, (mainly me), the kids are good.  The second I got home (which was late), Kayson started acting up.  He was tired (I was glad Ryan kept him up), but also mad cuz he had such trouble listening and going to bed.  BOO.   

Saturday late afternoon, Ryan noticed our water heater wasn't working... no hot water.  We've had problems with it before, but it was fixed then...  figuring we wouldn't have problems again?!?!  We had a service guy come out late Saturday night (like 8:30!!)...  he didn't have the proper part, so he would have to come back Sunday (which an extra charge due to it being a weekend).  UGH.  

That moves us into today...  we were up early again.  Oh Cora Taylor.  6am is not an option.  :)  It was raining and thundering too... so dark and so nice... and she's up.  I could have slept forever!  Kayson was up shortly after as well.  I knew it would be a long day.  and Momma is always right.  :)

We played...  kept fairly busy...  but to be honest, Kayson got so wound up at times and got so naughty, it just wasn't fun.  Ryan's allergies were also terrible.  He was/is miserable, which is not fun either.  AAaaa...  not a fun day!  And to top it off, still no hot water until after 4pm today!!!  I needed and wanted a shower SO BADLY!!  You know when you need a break and the shower is the only place to get that!!!

I finally headed out and got groceries... then a quick supper was had, then bed for the kids.  They were tired (obviously!), and so am I.  Ryan's resting as well...  I know how it feels to have allergy attacks, and it wears a person out.  I hope he's better tomorrow!

Anyway, there's my story for the weekend.  Pretty much blah!!!  I have a super busy week ahead of me... and I'm not prepared.  I'm a little overwhelmed by it, so I'm hoping everything goes well!
Totes adorbs.  :)
Look at Kayson's face.  Hilarious.

Hope Marie.  Beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment