Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

The food, the games, the laughter is over already.  We had a nice Thanksgiving Day with my family.  We headed to Clarion Wednesday afternoon... picked up the kids after their snack at school, and we were on the road.  

Cora kept Ryan and I up several times Wednesday night...  she just doesn't sleep well lately.  I don't know if it's necessarily at other places, cuz she is restless and up at home too.  But either way - it was frustrating and tiring!  

Thursday we got all the fixin's ready for lunch...  Dad did the turkey and taters, my sisters and I filled in with the extra stuff.  I would say we did pretty good.  No one went hungry!  :)  We just hung out at the farm all day...  kids played, the adults played a board game, which was fun. It seems like it was a short day, but really nice too.  

We ended up coming home Thursday night.  I didn't want a repeat of a terrible night again, so we headed home.  It worked out...  kids fell asleep on the way home, and stayed asleep.  We got a better nights sleep at home, so at least I feel better today!

Now... it's Friday.  I'm thrilled to have an extra day at home.  By 9:00 this morning, all of our Christmas stuff was out and up...  I love it.  :)  We were concerned Cora would be 'in' the tree, but she's done pretty good so far.  :)  We'll see how she is when there's gifts under it.  

Anyway, we've just been enjoying home today...  looks like a huge Hawkeye football win is underway, which is awesome!  I've gotten a ton of laundry done... I'm going to order Holiday cards...  and sit while the kids are resting.  

Hope, K & Ash
Watne kids with Kayson... taking the dogs out.
Our craft for today - count-down to Christmas
Cora with Cocoa - she talked and talked to her!
Yes - that's Cora!  Dressed as a football player!
My babies!  Best pic I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment