Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Wrapup

We've had a pretty nice weekend.  Friday evening we were supposed to get together with our neighbors for pizza and just letting the kids play.  Unfortunately, one of their kids wasn't feeling well, so we cancelled...  but in the same breath, the 'girls' decided to go out for dinner.  It worked out, and we had a nice time.  

Saturday, my parents came for a visit.  The kids were hilarious with them... really getting them to play and I think they all enjoyed themselves.  Kayson is really starting to use his imagination (finally!) and he was 'doctor' taking care of Papa Paul and 'fire chief' too.  I think Mom enjoyed the time here... and watching the kids play.  Cora is a little show-off now, so she's just plain funny.  We had lunch out, then they headed home early afternoon.  The kids took a nap, and I did an errand (dog food - yippee!).  

Saturday evening we had my niece, Ashley, come babysit the kids.  Ryan and I had a dinner date for some business (that I'll get into later - probably mid-week).  A nice dinner out and Ash had a great time with the kids.  It's such a nice thing having her close.  

Today has been good too.  Cora hasn't been sleeping well (Saturday - we were up from 3am til about 6 am)... and then this morning she was up right around 5 am.  Too early.  Ryan got up with her, thankfully, and I slept a little longer...  actually a lot longer (til about 7:40).  I was shocked!  Kayson got up about 10 minutes after me.  So it was a nice morning...  well, for me!  ha.  Ryan said Cora was happy, and he was able to get her to rest a little longer...  I'm thinking it's her teeth bothering her, but it's so hard to tell!

Anyway, so we just hung out this morning... I cleaned some.  But boy - I have more to do.  I did bathrooms, and some dusting, but I haven't touched that kitchen floor.  YUK.  There's just a lot that I would like to 'deep clean' and I can't get it done...  lazy?  I don't know, maybe!!!  

After lunch, Kayson had his first swimming lessons.  For the past 3 days, we've been mentioning it, and he's been crying and telling us he didn't want to go.  So I figured today would be terrible.  He seemed excited, and was ready to go early.  Ryan stayed home (cuz him and Ryan kinda butt heads sometimes when it comes to stuff like this!!!), so I took him.  And really (in a nut shell), K did great.  He soaked it all in since we were there a little early.  He met his teacher/lifeguard and introduced himself.  He listened, followed directions, and did what she asked him to.  I would say that was HUGE!!!  So I was very pleased.  Kayson says next week Daddy is taking him.  ha.  

After lessons, we got home... and waited for Cora to wake... then we headed to Blair & Martina's.  We hadn't been to there house in forever, so it was our turn.  Tate and Kayson have so much fun together!!  They played well, I love it.  Cora just walked around playing with everything... and played with the boys too.  I love it!!!!  It was a great visit, I'm so blessed to be a part of this family.

I've got tons of random pictures that I need to upload... I'll try to do that tomorrow night.   But it was a good weekend, and as always, bummed that it's Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment