Sunday, November 3, 2013

Papa Dick

Richard Allen Taylor passed away early Saturday morning... at his home, in his chair, on his farm.  Ryan's Grandpa was a great man.  I remember vividly meeting him for the first time - over 8 years ago.  He teased me about my ankle biters of dogs and gave me a hard time, no matter what.  He had such a great sense of humor.  He also had a very serious side - you would sometimes see a tear fall from time to time, as that was a sign that he cared and loved his family more than anything.  

Ryan and I were lucky enough to give him his first great grandchild, Kayson.  I always thought that was the neatest thing!  I remember Grandma Janis thinking it was crazy she had a great grand baby!  It's because they are so young!  :)  

Papa was 76 when he passed Saturday morning.  He's been suffering from several lung and breathing issues for years, unfortunately.  And I believe he was tired of fighting it.  I feel he was ready... and he didn't suffer, which makes all of us much more at ease.   He had given us a big scare a couple years ago, and I knew then that he wouldn't 'go' that way - it would be somewhat unexpected...  even though we all knew deep down, he wasn't healthy, I know Ryan and I are thankful that he was at peace when he left us.  He made a huge impact on a lot of people, and I think that's so neat.  The Taylor family truly is great.   I'm more than blessed to have known Papa Dick and be a part of this family. 

Papa and Grandma celebrating their 50th Anniversary (I think 3 years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment