Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This and That

Well, it's Wednesday night...  2 more days closer to the weekend (a busy weekend ahead).  

I took yesterday off to shop with my sisters.  We try to do this each year (for Christmas).  This year, we went to Williamsburg for something different.  First - we chose the coldest day of the year.  Really.  Second - we had fun, BUT - we didn't get much done.  I was pretty disappointed.  So on the way back, we decided to stop at a Target and see if we can get one thing off our lists.  And we each did!  ha.  We decided we'll not do Williamsburg again (for Christmas anyway)... so since we didn't finish (not even close) - we'll be meeting up again in early December to finish - and have Mom join us.  But either way - we did have a fun time.  

Back to work today.  I've been busy, which is good...  sure does make the days go fast!  Tomorrow we have a team outing.  Each year (typically the end of the year), we do something fun, offsite, and it's no cost to us, which is great.  We are going to do lunch out and then see a movie.  Kind of weird, but fun too - I haven't been to a movie forever it seems.  So I'm looking forward to that.

The kids are doing well.  Kayson's been tired.  He told me today he didn't nap - he talked.  Imagine that.  So tonight we had some troubles listening.  After some 'fighting', he was asleep by 8:25, so that was good.   He starts swim lessons this Sunday... and he's already complaining that he doesn't want to go.  Oh boy, this will be interesting!  I'm praying it goes well, and he doesn't have a complete fit.  :)

Cora is good...  she's really changing and growing.  She's signing more and more - and starting to say some words (well kinda!)  She also just knows a lot.  When she's got a dirty diaper, she'll go to her room to be changed - she still HATES to be changed, but she'll go there.  She'll go to the stairs to get the puppies out each night.  (And gets SOOOO excited to see them!)  There's lots of things she does, and it's amazing to me to see her grow and learn.  

This afternoon I got a call from Bank of the West Fraud Department...  yeah, at first, I thought it was a scam.  The gal proceeded to ask me about some transactions that were on my account - in which I did not make.  Then my stomach sank.  She asked questions, provided me some information, I asked questions... and in the end, she said "Cut up your card."  I hung up and just stared at my computer.  I logged on to my account... and saw 14 transactions from the same place, same amount, all today.  My stomach sank even more.  I then called the main branch that we typically go to... explained everything and the same end result - "cut up your card".  What a mess!!  But I am SO thankful that we have that fraud protection and I was contacted.  This could have been much worse!  Now I just wait for a new card.  

So... that's been my week so far!  Again, we have a busy weekend ahead, but that's ok.  We get to see some friends and my parents...  it'll go fast and I'll be mad, but that's ok too!  ha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment