Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's Day

It's 3:40...  everyone is asleep...  except me.  ha.  I guess I choose it that way...  I'm messing on the computer, downloading some 'new' songs onto my iPod... and just enjoying the quiet.  

The kids (and Ryan) got me some great cards, beautiful flowers, and an item from my Mary Kay gal.  Perfect.  We enjoyed lunch at El Rodeo too...  very nice.  

It's a beautiful day out too, so that's even better.  I hope to get a walk in after naps, and just hang out again tonight...  

Overall, a nice day thus far.  :)

I have a lot on my mind today...  being a Mom and having a Mom who has Alzheimer's.  I know I haven't spoken of this on the blog before...  simply because it's something that's very concerning to me... and also private, but I also know talking about it helps.  My Mom was diagnosed in January... officially.  She's on medicine to 'help' it...  I don't see her often enough, but my sisters say it has helped... reduces her repeating herself and questions.  However, when I do see her, there's usually a lot going on (us being home - two little ones, along with getting everyone together), and I sometimes think that's too much for her.  So when that happens, I personally think she has a 'bad' day.  Anyway, we are getting through it... with lots of prayers and patience (something I need to work on A LOT).  Either way, she's my Mom and I love her.  

On to me being a Mom...  it's by far the best thing that's ever happened to me.  I have birthed two healthy babies and they are 'perfect' in their own little way.  Kayson is feisty...  very much a challenge for us lately, and I can only hope that he will just love me the way I love him.  Cora is feisty as well!  (How did I get TWO like that?!?!)  She's our little sugar, and brings a new joy to us.  I'm blessed to be their Mom!!


Here's to all the Momma's out there... I hope you were spoiled with hugs and love from your families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment