Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ear Tubes for Cora

This morning was the day...  
It was very similar to Kayson's 2 ear procedures...  EARLY.  
We needed to be at the surgery center at 6 am.  Lord.  Ryan and I got up great...  sleepy, but good!  Kayson actually got up well too - he heard my blow dryer, so he got up on his own... which was helpful.  We didn't have to drag him out of bed!
I got Cora up about 2 minutes before we walked out the door...  she couldn't have anything to drink, so I wanted to distract her from our normal routine.

We got signed in... and waited.  That's the hard part...  waiting... for about 50 minutes.  Finally a nice nurse took Cora away...  no tears, nothing.  (OPPOSITE from Kayson - he screamed and screamed when he was swooped away!)

Anyway, the three of us waited in the lobby for about 4 minutes...  talked with the doctor...  waited about another 6 minutes, then saw Cora.  She was upset...  out of it.  Poor thing.  I hate that feeling.  She looked pale and just scared...  I put a bottle in her mouth and she sucked that down like it was going out of style!  Once it was gone, she was pissed!  ha.  She was still a little out of it... but we got her in the truck... dropped Kayson off at daycare, then home we went. 

Once we were home, she was back to normal...  she seemed hungry, so I fed her some fruit and a little cereal...  happy, talking, seemed to be doing great.  I walked away and two seconds later, all of her food came up...  BOO.  We got that cleaned up... and she played.  I guess she wasn't quite ready for that much food.  I felt bad...  

She's been resting now for about 2 hours...  I'm guessing she'll be back to normal for the rest of the day.  I'm doing this and that... and doing some work too...  totally multi-tasking.  :)

I hope these tubes make the fix we need.  We go back in a month for a checkup...

1 comment:

  1. Glad it went well and hope she has a fast recovery. Enjoy the weather today. HOT!

    ReplyDelete