Monday, February 6, 2012

Telling Kayson

Tonight we sat Kayson down and told him that there was going to be an addition to our family.  I explained that right now there are three of us (Mommy, Daddy & Kayson), and soon there will be four of us.  I showed him my tummy and we explained that I'm growing a baby in my tummy... and that baby will be his brother or sister.  He seemed excited... he asked some questions - mostly if Daddy wanted a baby in his tummy!  :)  He did say that he wanted Mommy to have his baby and that I will have Kayson's baby.  Too cute. We talked about how much the baby is going to love him just as much as Mommy and Daddy love him.  (Right now my biggest concern is making sure that he knows how much we love him and how important he is to us... and that he will not be replaced, a baby is just an addition to the family). 

I'm glad that we told him...  and I think it went well.  We'll just slowly keep talking about the baby and hopefully Kayson will continue showing interest and asking questions...  

I'm looking forward to the next steps for Kayson.  He'll be a great big brother.  I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment