Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Food

Remember this saying from awhile ago (and according to Baby Center) - "Having a 3-year-old can make you proud and completely nuts all at the same time." 

Again, we are right on with the 'making us completely nuts' part!  :)

For exactly 9 days, we have been trying to teach Kayson that what Mommy makes for supper, is what he eats.  No excuses, no 'catering' to him.  I don't know if this was originally our fault from when he turned 1 and started eating table food (and we didn't really force it/we catered to him)... or if it's just the fact that he's a little picky eater?  Either way, we are trying to adjust this and hopefully have a child that will eat what I make.  There's obviously things that he WILL eat (the normal - spaghetti, shells/cheese, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets)...  and that's about it.  We obviously can't have those items all the time...  

I'm realizing I'm rambling...  ha.  

Anyway, we are struggling - BIG TIME!  For exactly 9 days, he pretty much has not ate supper for us at all.  You would think he's starving.  But I guess he's not.  He eats breakfast for us really well, so I guess that's good...  and he eats every last drop of food at daycare, plus seconds sometimes.  We are super pleased with that...  but we just wish he would eat for us at home.  

What can we do?  What advice is out there?  (I feel like I've read and read...)  I know these things are normal, but I really don't want a 10 year old that will literally only eat 3 things.  I don't want that at all!! 

Since starting this 'getting him to eat what I make' - I said after day 3, "I can't wait til he eats us out of the house!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment