Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Sum Up

After Kayson's 'surgery' day on Friday... I was ready for the weekend.  Friday was good - Kayson did well, and I was glad it was over.  Friday night, Ryan and I went on a date - dinner at Gino's.  We had never been there, but Ryan had heard good things about it... so we tried it.  It was good...  and we decided we would go back again. We also went to Lowe's after dinner...  oh the smallest things can be enjoyable without chasing a 2 1/2 year old!  It was a nice little break from everything.  Thanks to Mike & JeanAnn for watching K.  

Saturday, we of course, started our day outside...  My parents came for a visit - we did lunch and then played in the afternoon.  Saturday night was then our Block Party.  Last year we hosted, and had roughly 12 adults/6 or 7 kids...  this year it was held across the street and we had nearly 35 adults and about 16 kiddos!  It was a great turnout and we got to meet a lot more people who have moved in to the area.  I had a great time getting to know a few new people and just getting names with faces.  Kayson had a blast - he played hard for about 5 hours... after fighting us for bed, he finally crashed around 9:30 pm.  The party went on for the adults...  we took our long walk home around 2 am, and we heard this morning that the party finally came to an end around 4 am.  Apparently we have some real partyers around here.  YIKES.  I'm thankful we were home when we were!  

Today has been a lazy day...  both Ryan and I are tired.  Kayson has taken a nice nap...  but Ryan went golfing.  Tonight I plan on not doing much...  

It was a nice weekend... now I've got to mentally prepare myself for a FULL WEEK OF WORK - REALLY?!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment