Friday, June 10, 2011

TGIF

Simple as that - thank God it's Friday.  It's been a long, busy week...  having to work a full 5 days this week --- just silly!  We've kept busy this week...  with not only actual 'stuff' going on, but adjusting to Kayson's new (and not improved) attitude.  I'll explain later.  ;)

Tuesday evening, we were invited by Ryan's work to enjoy an I-Cubs game.  They do this every year.  For those of you who know me --- not a big baseball fan...  at all.  But I go!  We had a nice time, as always...  Miss Whitney stayed with Kayson and of course, he was perfect for her!  ha.  Wednesday night we (including Kayson) were then invited to Ryan's boss' home for dinner/drinks, etc.  This is where we started our 'not improved' attitude.  Over the past week or so, Kayson's been very, VERY whiny, throws tantrums, cries A LOT... Wednesday night was a big scene he created (just at home), but it was enough for Ryan and I to have our patience tested and just get to the point of "What the heck do we do?!"  His crying/screaming fit went on for nearly 35 minutes...  34 minutes too long in my eyes!  We needed to be at Ryan's boss' around 6 pm...  it was 5:50 and Kayson was still throwing a fit.  The weird thing is - he wasn't telling us anything that was wrong or what he wanted to do, etc...  he was just crying.  Nothing worked, nothing made him happy.  It was a challenge!!  Soon enough, about 6:05, he stopped...  he somewhat calmed down and said "I want to go to Dennis'."  OH REALLY!??!   We finally did go to Dennis' and he was perfectly fine there.  Figures!  We headed home around bedtime and he fought us for bath and bed (probably cuz he was over-tired).  After that we said he's going to bed around 7:30 Thursday night.  Period.  And that's what happened...  Last night Kayson was better - didn't throw any HUGE fits, but there were a couple...  he did eat supper pretty well, and we just did bath earlier than normal and he was asleep by about 7:45.  And he was actually fairly happy this morning...  so maybe he just needs a little more sleep? 

I worried that his ears were bothering him, but he tells us that his ears don't hurt.  I guess we have to believe him??  So I guess our thought is that he's over-tired.  I talked to my sister last night and she says "He is a boy and he's probably just going to be naughty" - thanks for the advice Trish!  ha.  I know and understand things like this happen...  but I can agree not to like anything about it!  ha. 

Moving on...  we have had some great storms/rain the last couple days...  we needed the rain, but I'm not sure if we needed THAT much!  It keeps me up at night too, so I'm sleepy!  We have no plans this weekend...  which I'm looking forward to.  If we look at our calendar for the next month or so, we have plenty going on.  I hope to just do some things around the house and play outside.  I'm glad it's Friday. Period.  ;)  Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment