Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Boy! ... and other stuff

Kayson said to me tonight -- "Mommy, I need to poop!"  I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty and I got a big "YES" from him...  we went to his potty in my bathroom... but he apparently wanted it out in the hallway!  He undressed... sat...  and pooped and peed!  YEA KAYSON!  WhooHoo!  What an awesome feeling to see him do this! 

This was a big deal for us!!  YEA!
Ryan, unfortunately missed this...  he's been traveling this week.  I told him all about it and he was very excited though!  

Let's see... other things going on...  
With Ryan being gone, Kayson and I have done pretty well this week.  Ryan hasn't traveled over night for awhile now (but it's going to start picking up)... so it was an adjustment for Kayson and me.  Kayson did well - he, of course, asked about Daddy every night before bed, and every morning... and anytime in between.  Kayson did have a rough day on Tuesday at daycare - had some incidents with hitting and pushing his friends.  It makes us very disappointed and worried, but we just think it's him being 2 and a half AND Daddy is gone...  it's just adjustments...  

The weather has been BOOHOO lately... lots of rain and wind!  I'm ready to be back outside and enjoying the warmer weather...  I think it's to come this weekend.

Our good friends, Clay & Holly, welcomed their second child into the world last week...  a little boy!  Big sister, Gillian, is doing well with everything thus far.  Congrats to them!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Taylor's this weekend.  We haven't seen Tate in over a month... how time flies!

Kayson's been singing a lot more lately.  We listen to 'kid tunes' in my car... and just over the past couple weeks, I've noticed him actually singing.  It's SO cute!  We have a new favorite song and he wants that one over and over again - "Mommy, listen to it again!"

I think that's all I have tonight...  I knew I needed to post about Kayson's potty news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment