Monday, July 26, 2010

Time Out

I'm just getting around to posting this:

I use to wonder how Ryan and I would discipline our kids long before having Kayson... and now that we have our little wild man, we've done well, I think. Our problem these days is mostly hitting... he really likes to hit me. (what the heck!?!?) He'll more 'tap' Ryan, but full-blown hit me. Well, it's been several months since this has started... and we started doing "Time Out" by the front door. The first couple times hurt Kayson's feelings... well, that soon died off. (Perfectly normal for a boy, I would think!) ha. Last Monday when Ryan was gone, Kayson hit me... we typically give him warning telling him that "We don't hit", then we follow through with a Time Out if he hits again. Well after I told him that we don't hit (in a stern voice) - he pouted a little and then went over to the front door and sat in his Time Out spot. I couldn't help but laugh. I know... so much for discipline on that day! So I went over to him and giggled a little and we talked about him hitting me... we got up and played some more... and he hit me again!!! haha. Of course, now I can laugh about it even more...

Again, Ryan and I encounter challenges each day with Kayson... he keeps us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment