Monday, March 22, 2010

Steps

I believe about a week ago I said that we were working on Kayson walking... of course, that makes me sad to think my baby will be walking soon... but lordy, lordy - when you carry around a 27 pound "baby", it's time to walk! ha.

This weekend we were home a lot, so Ryan and I really worked with Kayson on taking some steps. Him and I would sit about 5 feet from each other and we'd get Kayson ready to take off (we realized it's much easier when he's wearing shoes!), so we went back and forth, and back and forth. Sometimes barely a step would be made and boom, on his knees or face! The next time, we'd get two really good stable steps in, and boy, that was exciting for us! Then there was this one time that Kayson took about 6 steps, even stopping and keeping his balance and continued with one more step -- we hooted and hollared and kissed him like crazy! Can you imagine us!? :)

Grandma JeanAnn purchased an adorable pair of Nike shoes for Buster... it's crazy to see him in actual Nikes, when he's just got little feet, but they are cute and stylin. So we hope that Kayson will soon be taking lots of steps in his new shoes!

1 comment: