Monday, June 1, 2009

Poor Buster, Poor Momma

Kayson (aka - Buster) just didn't sleep well last night... all I have to say is - that damn cough. Poor guy - falls asleep like a champ, just like normal - sleeps til about 1:00 or 1:30 in the morning and begins his coughing fits... he gets to coughing so hard, it scares me (and Ryan), and just sounds uncomfortable. We did get him some actual medicine on Friday - I thought it was helping, but last night was just NOT GOOD. We were up from about 1:15 am til at least 5:00 am. He would sleep, then cough, then sleep, then cough... Ryan needed to be on the road this morning by 5:30, so I took charge in the middle of the night... unfortunately, I don't handle it very well - meaning, I just can't get back to sleep quick enough between the coughing fits! (It takes me at least 15 minutes to get back to sleep!) We would rock, then I'd put him down - good to go for about 20 minutes, and he'd cough/gag again... this went on and on. He's so happy though, which almost makes it worse!! Anyway, I didn't get much sleep - but by 5:30 Kayson was out - sleeping hard (finally I'm thinking), so I called into work and said I would be in late - I HAD to get at least a full hours sleep (uninterrupted). And I did - Kayson slept (without a cough or a peep) from 5:30 til about 7:15. Wonderful. Like I said - he's happy and content, it's just that damn cough. I'm on my own with Kayson til Wednesday night - as Ryan is travelling, so I'm I'm a little nervous... normally I would be completely fine, but I worry about Kayson's throat and just getting enough good sleep. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment