Monday, April 15, 2019

Weekend - Dance Pics & Baseball Tournament

I'm not sure if I can even type out today... I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

Friday:
I left work a little early... got everything packed up/organized for the weekend away. 
I got the kids... and immediately started on Cora's hair and make up for dance pictures.  I tell you what - what a stressful activity!  ha.  Especially for a first time dance mom!  :)

Anyway, I got her all dolled up... with the help of Jen Berger.  She stopped by and nailed down the bun.  I just struggle with it...  but I'll keep trying!

We were out the door...
K and Ryan were home... doing I don't know what!  Besides waiting on us...





Friday night:
after dance pictures... we got on the road, about 7pm.  Heading out to Council Bluffs for our first baseball tournament.  We literally packed the entire house - all the layers - all the blankets.  Oh my goodness.  That was exhausting in itself! 

We arrived around 8:30... got settled, and then Ryan drank with the dads.  I got the kids to bed... and of course, slept awful.  My Fitbit shows I slept from 10:30 to 12:20, and then not again til 4:30 to 6:30.  Ridiculous. (plus a terrible nights sleep on Saturday too!) No wonder I feel awful! 

Saturday:
Up... breakfast... and ready for our first game.
We had 2 games Saturday...  and they went well.  The teams we played all weekend were Nebraska teams, and they were good... good AAA teams.  We won the first game - did well.  2nd game wasn't as good...  the boys seemed tired and not into it! 

Saturday night:
We all, as a team, went out for supper at a nearby restaurant...  it was good, but we were all so tired.  Oh my goodness. 

We got the kids to bed...  and had a repeat night!

Sunday:
We didn't have to be to the ball fields til about 11 Sunday morning...  which was good.  We just took our time Sunday morning (didn't sleep in or anything), just hung out a little bit. 
Both games on Sunday were a loss...  again, just tough teams, dumb mistakes by us... and the bats were not going. 

We have a lot to learn and still need to grow, but overall - being the first tournament (and an overnighter), I'd say it was still ok.  The boys had fun, and played hard.  I'm excited to see what else will come from these boys... 

The weather ended up being pretty good... the sun was out both days, which was huge!  We were still bundled up, but by Sunday's 2nd game, we were 'warmer'...  we all got some sun on our hands and faces! 

We got home Sunday night around 7pm...  long weekend!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment