Sunday, February 17, 2019

Week & Weekend

It has been a long week/weekend.  
I was off nearly all week - some tummy issues that put me down and out for a couple days, and continued into the weekend.  Not a virus, not the flu...  other crap.  I saw the doctor Friday morning to get some answers as I was completely irritated by Thursday.  Got answers, and we move on.  I feel a little better, but I can't say I'm 100%.  We'll keep trucking along tho... that's what Mom's do, right?

So our week - busy during the week it seemed.  We had lots of prepping to do for Kayson's project.  Cora kept us busy.  It was just nonstop it seemed, especially since I wasn't feeling all that awesome.  

Friday:
I worked from home after going to the doc...  got some stuff done, which was good.  I had been out of the office off and on all week, just not giving it my all for work that's for sure.  Anyway, Friday afternoon I was off to help be a 'Homeroom Mom' for Kayson's Valentine's Day party. Another mom and I were asked to step in...  and I'm going to say I won't be doing that again.  OH MY GOODNESS.  4th graders are a lot of work - they are loud - they are obnoxious - they are rude - um...  wow.  I learned a lot in that short 45 minutes and the main thing I learned (but I already pretty much knew) - I could never be a teacher.  Wow!!  K and I headed out - picked up Cora from her class... and we were off!

Friday night Kayson had baseball...  Cora and I hung out at home.  Blair and Tate were in town!  They came over to DSM to attend the Iowa High School State wrestling tournament for the day.  They love stuff like that... they came to our place around 6:30... and hung out with us, and stayed with us.  It was a good little visit.  

Saturday:
Kids slept good!  The boys got up about 7:30ish (which was later than I had thought!)  And Cora didn't wake til after 8:30!!  We just hung out for awhile... then Mike and JeanAnn came up to see them.  We went out for lunch, and Blair/Tate were back on the road to head home.  

Cora and I did an errand then with Ashley and Jill - as they were in town for a little bit.  Ashley is addicted to make-up, so we went to Ulta with them.  Cora was in heaven!  So funny... and scary at the same time.  Again, nice little visit with them. 

Saturday night we didn't do much.  I grabbed some groceries as there was snow in the forecast...  we ate in, and just hung out. 

Sunday:
A whopping 7" of snow dropped on us overnight!  Ryan went out and scooped... and in the meantime, church was cancelled.  Ryan was disappointed, as we cancelled last week too...  but there was a lot of snow, most roads hadn't been scooped yet...  it was the right decision.  

So we made the best of yet another snow day around here!  Our morning was lazy...  really lazy.  But then the snow kind of stopped...  we got out and shoveled again, the kids played... we ate lunch, then we decided to go sledding.  We tried a hill near by called County Club.  And it was great.  The kids had a blast - and were exhausted with all the walking back up the hill!!  It was a good hour or so!

Back home... watched a movie... and just hung out.  It was a nice day.  The snow finally stopped, but we have a ton.  And I hear we are supposed to get more. 
Cora got her first Valentine's rose from her Daddy!
Flowers and cards.  Good day.
Fort making behind the couch.








Love this picture.  Our snow bunnies.


Make-up shopping with Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment