Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Long weekend/Winter Break/New Years Eve

The kids have been on winter break for awhile... they go back to school tomorrow, it's gone super fast in my mind.  Last week (right after Christmas), we all stayed home on Wednesday - we just let the kids hang out and play with their new stuff.  It was a pretty good day. 
Then I went back to work... kids went to BTB and had field trips both days... and Ryan took a few days off.  He never really takes time off, so he did...  plus he's been fighting his terrible cough for weeks.  I think he's finally on the mend.  Unfortunately, I have a terrible head cold now...  probably thanks to him!

Anyway, our weekend has been nice.  We haven't had much going on, which has been great actually.   
Friday:
Kayson had a sleepover with a friend...  his friend Caleb's birthday is in April (middle of baseball season), and couldn't really have a party/sleepover, so they planned one for winter break.  The boys had fun - they attended an Iowa Wolves basketball game.  Ryan, C and I just stayed around home - grabbed a bite to eat and that was it.  This was the start of my head cold.  Bummer. 




Saturday:
I picked K up around 9am... he seemed good, not nearly as tired as some other sleepovers he's been to.  Back home and we just hung out...  laundry, cleaning... and lots of football games on TV.  We did get out of the house for a Target run, but that's about it.  I did some organizing in the basement... tossed some stuff, but again, not much!

Sunday:
Church... we all helped prep for a funeral after church.  It was kind of nice and sweet... the kids were such big helpers.  I loved it. 

And then my head cold hit me super hard. I was wiped out by mid-afternoon and just felt awful.  No energy.  And I was pissed... I hate getting sick, and feel like I rarely do.  Just makes me mad.  It was a low-key day.

Cora played pretty good with her dolls and played school a little too.  It's fun to watch her use her imagination so much.  Ryan and Kayson went up to Jethro's in the afternoon to meet up with a few baseball kids/parents.  I think they had a good time.

Helping Pastor Julie

Monday:
Ryan worked...  but I took the day off cuz the kids didn't have BTB.  And I totally needed another day.  I woke feeling like crap again...  again, just head cold that's starting to drain down my throat.  Which is awesome.  ugh.  Oils have been drenched on me... praying it helps, and I do feel like they've really helped this afternoon. 

Kayson was glued to the PS4.  Cora did a lot of iPad time, but then finally took a break and played Barbies.  She's got such an imagination... I hope that continues!!  I made the kids do a puzzle together too.  ha. 



I did some baking and cooking... as we had Mike, Holly and the boys over for New Years Eve. Even tho I wasn't feeling the best, it ended up being a nice night in.  I always love being home, obviously - and it was nice to have a change of pace for the kids.  They needed something else to do besides electronics!  The kids played well...  the adults played a card game, and literally that was it.  Showalter's left around 10... Cora was in bed at 10:25, me at 10:40.  K and Ryan stayed up.  

The only pic I have... and then a pic Holly took. 

No comments:

Post a Comment