Sunday, October 28, 2018

Weekend/Flag Football

Friday:
No school day for the kids.  Cora's first field trip - on a bus!  :)  They went to a nearby pumpkin patch, had a beautiful day, fun... and got to bring home their own pumpkin.  I think it was a good day for both of them. 

I worked til about 1ish (we aren't very busy right now)... came home...  did a few things... and got the kids around 3:30.  

Friday night Ryan took the kids to the Iowa Wild hockey game.  I didn't want to go... so he took the kids.  I stayed in... ate Chinese... watching a movie and enjoyed every second of it.  I guess sometimes I just need a break!

Saturday:
Ryan worked.  Kids and I just hung out.  Nothing too thrilling, that's for sure. 
I tried to keep Cora busy without driving me crazy...  and Kayson was glued to electronics.  :(

It was a day that I thought hard about Mom - 2 years ago that day we buried her.  I made it through the 2 year anniversary (on the 23rd), with some tears and just missing her... but Saturday morning was rough.  She's just always on my mind... even along with all the other crap in my head!!!
Anyway... 
We grabbed lunch out... then I had a hair appointment.  I don't normally get my hair done on Saturday's cuz I don't really like doing that on a weekend, but it was the only time Lacey could squeeze me in, so I took it.  What was actually wonderful about that - was Colleen was there as well.  Just us three, and wow - that was fun.  

Headed home... did some random stuff...  then Mike and JeanAnn came up.  They watched the kids Saturday night while we went out for supper with Jess, Lex, Mindy and TJ.  We tried a new place (for us), and it was good...  nice change, but man, I was tired by 8:30!  Home around 10ish. 

Sunday:
Church.
Pretty quiet afternoon...  a little laundry and grocery run. 
Kayson had his last flag football game too... for the championship!!!  And unfortunately, it was not a win.  Bummer.  K got down on himself a couple times, for some mistakes he made...  I hate seeing that... knowing he was trying hard, and knowing he doesn't want to disappoint his Dad.  But in the end... even with a loss, he was smiling, and he had a good little season. I'm glad Ryan and Jarren coached...  they did really good with the boys.


Quiet Sunday evening...  not really ready for another week.  
Fam at the hockey game.

Flowers from Lacey - she knows another year has passed... :(

Perfect pumpkins!



Cora playing Hangman with Papa and Grandma

i9 Flag Football - Bucs


Love this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment