Monday, October 22, 2018

Weekend

Friday:
Taylor's and Hummel's got together... at their house.  Quick, easy supper... s'mores were had in the cold and wind... and many laughs.  Super nice evening.

Saturday:
Ryan and Kayson were up early to head out to the Iowa game.  It ended up being a super windy day...  don't think Kayson (or Daddy) were really dressed warm enough, but they fought through it!  Kayson was a tired kid... snoozed on the way over, and the way home.  I worried he was getting sick... but I think he was just wiped out.

Cora and I hung out in the morning. She actually slept til a little after 8!  
She played super nicely... quietly for a couple hours!  Not going to lie, it was great!  
I woke with a sore throat...  huge bummer.  So I poured oils on me, tried a few different options... and it did help! 
Then we met Tricia, Greg, Hope, Logan and some cousins (Monette, Gary, and their daughter Shanna and her boyfriend) for lunch. Great visit with them.  Thought originally they were going to stick around longer than lunch, but they didn't... it was ok.  We had a nice time.  But Trish and Greg hung out with sis and me for a little...  we did a few errands, then back to our house to just hang.  Hope and Logan came over too... just a great little afternoon.  So many darn laughs with them.  Cora was pretty good for me too...  she kind of loved on Uncle Greg a little, which was fun!  ha. 

Ryan and K got home around 5:30...  ordered pizza in... and that's it.  Was a super great day.
By 9pm, I was a zombie...  my throat felt a ton better, but I was just beat.  So were the kids.

Sunday:
Church... and we enjoyed a celebration for Pastor Appreciation day/week.  We are pretty lucky to have Pastor Loren with us.

Our afternoon consisted of not much.  I didn't even go to the grocery store!!  I just didn't feel like it!  But K still had flag football... so him and Ryan did that.  Sis and I stayed home...  too windy, just didn't feel like going. 

And our evening was the Mother/Son Ball at the Science Center of Iowa!!!... that gets it's own post peeps!  :)

A few weekend pics:


 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment