Monday, October 22, 2018

Mother/Son Ball - at the Science Center of Iowa

About 2 months ago... maybe longer, Jen Hummel reached out to me and said that we should take the boys to a mother/son 'ball' that was happening in October.  I read some stuff about it... and figured - yah, let's do it.  Soon enough, it was here before we knew it... and I had to get clothes for Kayson.  The dress attire was listed as "formal".  And when I looked at past posts on their site - the mothers were wearing prom dresses.  NO JOKE!!  I told Jen - "I'm not going that far!!"  We agreed - just nice dress, but the boys can wear dress pants/tie, etc.  Deal.

The boys had flag football before we went... and they were TIRED before we even got out the door.  I knew it would be a long night for Kayson - I know him.  He had had a super busy weekend... and that just doesn't go over well!

Anyway, we arrived a little late... walked around the Science Center, tried to find food (which was all out - and our kids were starving!!!). But we survived.  We danced a little... not much, then walked around some more.  The boys really just wanted to play at the SC of I!  Which I don't blame them.  I had never been there before, so I was intrigued. 

We did a little more dancing, and then by 8:15, we were checked out.  It was about a perfect amount of time... but totally wish this would have been on a Friday or Saturday night!!  TOO much for these Momma's and boys!  But good memories were had.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment