Wednesday, August 8, 2018

This & That - End of Summer is near

I'm getting a little emotional that summer is almost over for Kayson.  I've said this before - our life during the summer really isn't any different - we still have a routine (getting up at 6:40 for the kids, still going to bed around 8:30/9:00, and Ryan and I have to work).  Yes, we are little more 'lax', but man... I'm a little sad the end is near.

Kayson's had a great summer...  tons of fun at BTB.  He's had a couple weeks 'off' doing camps or just having extra time with us/family. He had a great baseball season too.  I can't believe he'll be in 4th grade - I mean, how did that happen?  Where did my little sweet 5 year old go?  (There's the emotional part!) 

Cora's been doing well...  she's been enjoying daycare, and learning A TON.  The girl knows a ton of sight words... in which then she can pretty much read books already.  I'm amazed, and love it so much.  She's become even more feisty (not sure how that can happen), but it's true.  We have trouble with her thinking she's the boss... and just lots of back talking.  But regardless, we know that's how she is... we just need to limit it if we can.  I have the same feelings regarding school - she'll be in Kindergarten!!  I'm so excited for her... and nervous too.  I hope she does well those first couple weeks.

Here's to the next few weeks...  praying for everyone to continue to be healthy as we do a lot of running around, praying for ease of nerves (if any from the kids), maybe this is more for me!

One of my new favorite pics of the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment