Sunday, August 5, 2018

MN Getaway (Day 2 - Saturday)

Saturday - 
The kids slept well... which was great.  They were up a little earlier than I thought they would be, but that's ok.  We got some dunkin donuts right there in the hotel (which was great), then we headed back to the mall.  There was a "Meet and Greet Mermaid show" and "Live Mermaid show" that we wanted to do.  So we headed to the aquarium and spent a small fortune there...  and then Cora and I waited in line for about 30 minutes to meet a mermaid.  Cora seemed fine with it all... then the mermaid came out and the 10 little girls in front of us met her, got their picture taken with her, smiled, and moved on.  Unfortunately that's not how it worked for Cora.  She got all shy at our turn, and refused to talk or even sit with the mermaid.  I can't tell you how upset/disappointed I was... 
So we moved on... kept walking through the aquarium and tried to enjoy that.  I had a hard time enjoying it... I was mad.  Anyway, we finished that... and then just walked through the mall for a couple hours, bought some things, including new LEGOS for the kids.  We grabbed lunch there too.  










After the miles of walking (it seemed), we headed back to the hotel.  By this time, Cora was a hot mess.  It was a requirement for her to rest... so her and Dad rested for about an hour maybe...  while K and I hit up the water park again.  We had a good time... he had a blast, but I'm not near as fun as Dad or Cora in the water, so I know he was patiently waiting for them.  He amused me.  ha. We had a good time. 

Dad and Cora joined us... and we had a good afternoon/evening at the water park.  Lots and lots of swimming!  We grabbed supper too...  we bowled there too and just walked around the hotel for awhile.  We ended the night at the arcade, which was super fun for the kids too.  Do you see what we did all weekend?  Spent money!  ha.  It was fun. 









they played SO well together.





No comments:

Post a Comment