Monday, February 12, 2018

Weekend

Well, our weekend turned to not what we expected, but was good too...  We had planned on going to Sioux City Friday late afternoon - to celebrate Rhett's 1st birthday.  But the Iowa forecast, once again, was full of snow.  Snow... lots of snow.  Then all of the sudden by Friday morning, the forecast was completely different - with just a little snow, but at random times and with high winds, etc.  (I really wish I could be that wrong at my job or life and everyone would be ok with that!!!!)  I was irritated.  So in a nutshell, we did not make the trip - so we plan to this coming weekend.
 
Friday:
I scooted out of work early - had a late lunch with my friend Katie.  That baby comes in less than a week and a half.  She's ready!  I did a few errands, then home with the kids.  Ryan got Iowa Wild hockey tickets for Friday night... so we did that.  Kayson and him love it...  Cora and I had never been, and we are right up on the glass, and her and I cringed and jumped at every bang on the glass!!  (and it was a lot!!!) Cora kind of freaked out at first, but then she relaxed a little... and seemed to enjoy herself.  Funny.  A late night for us...  tired family.
 
Saturday:
Fiddle farted around all morning... cleaned, laundry, kids played... was a nice morning.  We grabbed lunch out, then looked at loft beds for Cora.  No huge luck, but we have some ideas.  (her room is SOOOO tiny, and she's got a lot of crap... so we are looking at that option!)  More to come, I hope!  Kayson had his friend Carter over for the afternoon.  Cora and I kept busy... and out of the boys' hair.  It was a nice day.
 
Sunday:
Church.
Cora and I then met Trish, Jill, Eden and Lindsay at a prom shop in Urbandale for a couple hours.  Cora was in awe. Literally.  The sweetest thing ever... she really watched every move those girls made (along with the 30 other girls there too!).  She got lost in all the dresses... helped unzip...  helped 'fluff' and 'lay' the dresses.  She loved it.  Eden and Lindsay both found the dresses they liked... and they were off.  Good couple hours.
 
Kayson had baseball practice.  And the rest of the day was just this and that...  A quick Sunday it seemed. 
 
 
 
 
 
with friend Carter
 
 
 
 
 
With Linds and Eden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment