Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Feeling bummed... and This & That

Well, today I'm just bummed...  over the past couple months, my sisters and I had today planned to take off and spend together cleaning at the farm.  The farm needs a good cleaning, and Dad is on a mission trip in Texas, so we thought it would be a perfect day to do this!

I was going to drive to Clarion last night... spend the night and get started early today so we could have a full day.  6" of snow toppled onto Iowa yesterday, leaving the roads terrible... and just not worth the drive in the dark.  So my plan was to make the trip this morning...  but waking to negative degree temps, roads still being iffy... and the possibility of more snow this afternoon... I just decided against it. I'm so bummed about it!! 

Hoping Trish and Jill get a lot done, and we can plan another day like this... 

Miss my family.

Other things going on:
  • Cold, winter weather - I'm over it!
  • Kayson loved the snow fall we got last night... he and I shoveled quite a bit, then Ryan finished off with the snow blower.  Kayson attempted the snow blower, but he said "It was heavy!!" 
  • We've made a change with Cora's rests at daycare - cutting them down, as we have trouble at bedtime.  We are about a week in, and it's going well. 
  • K and Cora have been playing super well together lately...  should knock on wood!  They build forts, they talk with each other, it has just been going well. 

Not much else going on right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment