Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekend of Surprises

So I turned 40.  Ryan decided to surprise me a little this weekend... 
He told me Thursday night that he made reservations for us for Friday, got a sitter and it's all set up.  Very nice of him... 
Friday:
We drove to Latin King, haven't been there in probably 18 years, and Ryan's never been there.  We went to the bar before our table was ready, and I was surprised by a few of our closest friends - Lacey/Justin, Colleen/Mike and Jess/Lex.  What!?!?  I honestly wasn't expecting anything... but it was so nice of him.  I honestly hardly ever see Lacey (Justin for sure), and Colleen and I are lucky to have our random lunches...  but to have them all together was great.  We had dinner, then went to a bar for a drink.  It was a really nice, fun evening. 

Saturday:
Basketball for K - last game. 
Home to do random stuff...  I just putzed around, cleaned a little, laundry.  Cora took an early rest cuz she wouldn't go to bed for the sitter Friday night.  :(  Ryan and Kayson went down to Simpson to watch Jenna again, and Cora had a birthday party to go to.  It was at a gymnastics place...  and 30 kids were there.  30!!!  Holy crap.  GERM FEST. 
 
Following the birthday party, we met Ryan and K back at the house... they were starving, and were going to meet Mike and JeanAnn at El Rodeo for supper.  We got there... and once again, I was surprised.  My family, along with Mike and JeanAnn, were there for supper!  SHUT UP.  I had wondered why I hadn't really heard from my family regarding my birthday - but just assumed they were all busy.  ha.  We had a good supper, then they came back to the house for a little bit... 
 
Great night... and great couple of surprises.  And I was absolutely exhausted.
 
Sunday:
Church. Groceries. Laundry. Baseball. and just this and that... 
 
Ryan heads to Nebraska for the week...  really wish he wasn't gone again. 
 
Here are some pics from the weekend.
Figured we needed a pic together, cuz we never do anything just us!  ha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment