Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Weekend - & New Years Eve

We had a super long, holiday weekend.  It's been so nice to just hang out and even more of a reason to stay in with the frigid cold Iowa temps!!  Church was even cancelled due to the cold weather!  

Friday:
Ryan and I worked... kids to daycare/BTB. Friday night we just stayed in... again, cuz it was so damn cold!  

Saturday:
Kiddos slept in...  just putzed around in the morning, then decided we should try to get out at least ONE time.  We went to the mall, and let Cora build her Build-A-Bear (Great Grandma Janis gave her a gift card)...  Cora chose a puppy, named her Carly, and bought a tutu for the pup and we were off.  Cora was thrilled. 
We walked around the mall a little...  grabbed a bite to eat... and headed back home. 
I got groceries later in the day...  

We hung out at home... playing games, and that's about it...  we watched a movie, and called it a day.

Sunday/New Years Eve:
No church... again, just farted around most of the day.  I was in my jammies til about 3:00!   We ended up having our new friends Holly and Mike (and their boys) over Sunday night...  just asked them over for pizza and to hang out... with no real intention to stay up til midnight, but we did!  ha.  The kids played pretty good, minus the bossiness of Cora...  but overall, it went well.  Us adults played a few board/card games, which was fun.  It was a really nice night... and glad we were in our warm home!

Monday:
Kayson and Dad slept til 10!!!!  WHAT!??!  Oh my gosh, I didn't (in a million years), think Kayson would sleep that long.  Another day of just messing around at home...  literally didn't do anything, too damn cold! 

and Tuesday:
Kayson didn't have BTB, so I stayed home with him in the morning... then Ryan came home in the afternoon so I could get my hair done.  Nice day... nice to get out a little... 

and now we are back to work, school, everything...  it's been a nice winter break, but I was ready to get back into a normal routine.  I feel like Kayson's been out of school forever!

PICS:
Coloring in our jammies.  :)
 
 
 
Meet Carly, the puppy!
 
Beckett, Cora, K & Easton
 


No comments:

Post a Comment