Friday, September 1, 2017

The Sun

About 4 or 5 months ago (maybe), Cora and I were driving to daycare... into the sun.  A beautiful sunrise - and at that time (for the first time), Cora said to me - "That sun is so pretty...  Did Grandma make that sun?!?!"  And at that time, I teared up, shocked that she would say something like that...  blessed that she's so innocent to think that... and overwhelmed with love and knowing that Mom did make that sun for us to see that morning.  Mom was with us.

And again this morning, I was taking both kiddos to school and the sun was beautiful... almost a little foggy out, but the sun was shining hard through those clouds and was a beautiful orange color. 
Both kids, nearly at the same time said - "Look at that pretty sun Mom!"
and Cora continued to say - "Grandma made that sun just for us today... it's because she loves us."

YEP.  Period. 
This stuff never gets easy.  I know that. 

I'm so thankful that my kids (even tho they really didn't have a lot of time with my Mom), they do hold those small memories... and I've got to continue to remind them and bring those memories in front of them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment