Sunday, September 17, 2017

Alzheimer's Walk 2017

This year we got everyone here for the Alzheimer's Walk, and I couldn't have been more moved. 

Friday night Ash, Linds and Hope headed to our house to sleep...  no reason for them all to get up at the crack of dawn, so they came and hung out with us.  I don't know when the last time I laughed that hard... those girls, man we had a good evening.  

Saturday morning the rest of the group came to the house, including Dad and Monette and Gary too, which was super nice.  We got downtown, and got our 1,000 pictures taken... and got some tears out, and then the walk began.  Super awesome to see the sea of purple again... and just makes you ache even more that so many people are affected by this terrible disease.  

We then continued our busy day by watching Kayson play football... then back to the house to have a late lunch.  We all just hung out complaining about our legs hurting and being tired and laughing!   Some of us continued on and went shopping a little (I went, but more just because I wanted to spend more time with the girls!)...  football was watched at the house... and that's about it.  

What an amazing day with my family.  I just wish we were closer to my sisters and Dad - because we have so much darn fun with them.  

Friday night fun pics:





Alz Walk pics:


Dad was a Grand Champion due to the money he donated.  #ENDALZ
#teamHardy









Sisters rock especially thru the bad stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment