Friday, September 8, 2017

Prayers

I've always been a Christian...  growing up; we went to church, we prayed, we talked about God, we lived...  and things were good.  Growing up, things went right - I never really remember things being bad or stressful (I was a kid - so everything seemed 'great', right?!). 

Now I'm older...  much older... and I have much more responsibilities... and worries... and thoughts... and well, everything.  Everything is heavy on me - as it is on every other adult probably.  Life gets hard.  We get wrapped up in work (stressing about dumb stuff that shouldn't be THAT stressful, but we want to do a good job, we want to make an impact; we want a GOOD job that pays well, etc.), we get wrapped up in our kids behavior (and I just guess I hope we are doing something right to guide them to have better behavior when they are older - or at least in public!!)  We just get wrapped up in 'stuff'.  I know I do.  Everyday.

Along with the responsibilities - I worry about something, everyday.
I worry about driving and getting in an accident.
I worry about my kids at school - are they listening, are they learning, are they being respectful, are they getting sick?   I worry about when they are playing with friends - running across the street. 
I worry about Ryan - is he happy, he works so damn hard at his day job.
I worry about my Dad - is he really doing ok without Mom?  how's he holding up?
I worry about my sisters.
I worry about my nieces and nephews - are they all safe?  are they healthy? are they making 'good choices' as they are still young.
I would say I probably worry about something all the time...  I'm a nervous nelly, that's for sure.

And knowing that I am like this - I have been praying like crazy lately.  I know this has all started (or became more evident since Mom passed).  I hate that she's gone... and I didn't do or say the things I should have when she was here.  There's always those feelings of guilt...  so now I need to pray for strength to get me through stuff...  get me through my worries and responsibilities. 

So with this today... I pray for my niece Eden.  She's having a surgery today...  so if everyone reading could just stay an extra prayer for her, the doctors and my sister/brother in law that everything goes well, and we have answers in a week or so.  Give us all strength and healing.

Good rambles for the day.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment