Monday, January 2, 2017

Weekend - and the New Year (2017!)

First...  it's weird to think that it's the year 2017.  Doesn't it?  Goodness... never thought I'd see 2017 when I think about when I was a little girl... and where I would be someday.  Crazy.

Anyway, we've had a super nice long weekend.  Ryan enjoyed the week off last week --- but I worked Thursday and Friday.  Friday I left work a little early...  just came home and hung out.  That night we stayed in, I made a nice supper.   We had bought a Sleep Number bed about 2 weeks ago --- and it was finally delivered!   and I slept well Friday night!  ha.

Saturday:
We all slept in (and speaking of that - we've all slept in this entire long weekend... so tomorrow when we have to go to work/school, it's going to be rough!!!)
Kayson went with his friend Carter to the Y to swim.  Then Carter's dad took them out for a quick lunch.  Ryan, Cora and I hung out - I was super productive while K was gone - I took down the Christmas trees, and rearrange/deep cleaned Kayson's room. It was an awesome 3 hours or so.   Us three grabbed lunch out, then back home to just relax.  Cora took a rest, I did an errand...  Kayson was home and exhausted!  
Saturday night we hung out at home too - let the kiddos watch a movie, and drink some sparkling non-alcoholic spritzer!  Which they didn't like, but it was kind of fun.   Once they were in bed, Ryan and I just hung out... lots of lazyiness at our house that night!  But that's ok - we rang in the New Year, and went to bed around 12:05!!

Sunday:
We attended church... then again, back home to hang.  Ryan and Kayson played the PS4 a little, Cora played dolls and sang "Let it Go" maybe 30 times!!!   Cora took a rest, and so did I --- another nice afternoon at home.  

Once she was up, we took the kids to Lifetime to swim.  We had such a good time...  good family time.  The kids did great. 

And another nice night at home - home made pizzas were made, and another movie night.  Man - sounds like our kids have been lazy!?!?  

Monday:
And today - will be another good day at home.  The Hawks play FB today, so we'll be glued to the TV again!  And I guess we'll be prepping for the week.  

Funny kid wanted to wear Cora's new robe.  ha.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment