Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July 2016

This year has been another 3 day weekend for the 4th of July holiday... love it.  But man, I'm wiped out!
Friday night we stayed in... Ryan had been commuting for inventories Thursday and Friday - up around 3:45 each morning, so staying in Friday night was key.  We had supper, then let the kiddos watch a movie.  Quiet night. 

Saturday we hung out at home...  lots of cleaning and organizing for me.  Kids did pretty well, played well together, which was nice.  We went out for lunch, then back home for more cleaning.  I went to the store, and nearly bought the store out!!  Saturday night we got together with Nielsen's for pizza.  The weather was not 'July' weather - cold, and windy... so we stayed inside.  I think it worked out well... kids did well together, and us adults had time to chat.  
Pic courtesy of Kayson
Pic courtesy of Cora.


Sunday we did church, then back home to finish prepping for our day.  We hosted another Hardy side family get together for the 4th.  We've decided we should do this every year... we have so much fun!!  My sisters and their families got here about 1:45/2:00... and we instantly were outside.  The weather was cooler again, but really nice.  I'll take that over 90 degrees!  ha.   This year we played bags instead of kickball (Kayson might have been upset, but he still had fun!)  We did a spur of the moment bags tournament with the winnings of $20.  Hilarious.  It worked out great, and was so fun.  We had a great supper and just hung out some more.  The kids did great - a few meltdowns, but overall, good.  My nieces and nephew do so well with the kids - there is such a big age difference, but our kiddos just think the world of the 'older' kids, so it works out.  And the big kids have the patience to play with the young ones!  ha.  :)  So many memories... I love every second of having them here, and makes me so sad when they are gone.  

Pictures from Sunday:



my bags partner, Eden.  5th place for us!
I am one proud aunt.  These girls are beautiful on the outside and in.


Trish and Hope got 1st place!



And Monday - the 4th of July!  We got some sleep...  kids were up around 7:50, then I layed back down on the couch for another hour.  SO SLEEPY.  Yesterday caught up to me.  Ryan slept til about 9.  Ryan ended up taking the kids to the park around 10:30... they played for a long time.  I did a little laundry, then got myself cleaned up.  It was a quiet afternoon...  

Around 4:00, we headed up to Centennial Park.  We met up with Jess, Lex and the kids mainly to let the kiddos play on all the inflatables and stuff at the celebration up there.  We had a really nice time...    We had a little picnic of sandwiches.  Easy this year.  

And now home...  so tired.  The kids want to see fireworks, but we just can't keep them up.  I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake!!! 

Good weekend...  so bummed we have to go back to reality tomorrow!  

The only pic from the inflatables that turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment