Sunday, March 20, 2016

Weekend

Friday:
I took Friday off from work for a 'me' day.  I just needed it.  We hadn't been very busy, and sometimes I just need it.  I have the time, so I used it.  We got the kids off to school, and I was back home - working in the storage room.  I REALLY need to start prepping for the garage sale, so I started sorting.  I found that we don't have a ton of toys to sell, which is awesome... and the big ones that we had - I already sold on a Facebook swap page.  SCORE!  I continued to work - just sorting, and tossing a bunch of stuff.  Basically I now need to figure out what to do with ALL the clothes - I have at least 6 huge rubbermaids of kids clothes.  UGH.   
From there, I got cleaned up - and did some errands... some returns, and then purchased a few things for myself (Spring clothes).  I came home, did some laundry, sat, and it was great. :)

I got the kiddos on time... and just came home expecting to just hang out/maybe go out... and then got a text from Jess - requesting a very impromptu dinner with them and the kiddos.  Ryan was ok with it, so we did that...  Quick, and back home for bath and bed.  It was a pretty quiet evening. 

Saturday:
Ryan worked a little... and the kiddos and I just hung out.  Played and really layed low.  It was a nice morning.  We grabbed lunch out, then back home for Cora to rest.  I ended up resting as well.  Ryan took off around 3:00 to go watch the NCAA tourney here in DSM.  Mike (Colleen's hubs) had an extra ticket for their suite, and Ryan was all over it.  I'm so glad it worked out, and he had a great time!  KU win too!  :)   The kiddos and I got rounded up, and headed over to spend time with Colleen and three of their kiddos.  Colleen and I had such a great time... the kids did AMAZING, so we really didn't have to be stressed about them.  Cali and Kayson hit it off again, didn't skip a beat - they played the Wii for hours.  Shae and Cora played dolls, colored, and did random stuff.  And Mr. Bo was just a good little boy...  walking around playing so well.  It was a great evening.  

Back home for bath and bed - later than I wanted, but they were doing so well.  Ryan got home around 10:15...  and had a great time.  

Sunday:
Church - and the kiddos sang for Palm Sunday.  They did well - well, Kayson did great, Cora just stood there.  Stinker.  Ryan wasn't feeling 100% when he got up, but fought through it (I thought he was just wiped out from the bball games)... and we ended up going down to Creston right after church.  Since we'll be in Clarion for Easter, they wanted to see the kids and have a mini Easter lunch and egg hunt.  We had a very nice time...  Ryan rested, and the kids played with the Grandmas (including Grandma Janis) quite a bit, and just did pretty well.  We didn't have Cora rest, so it was kind of a mess, but not too bad (until tonight!!!)  

Anyway, we are home... I got groceries, started laundry, kids to bed... and Ryan's resting again.  He has a low fever, and just not feeling the best.  I feel bad - hope it's a quick illness.  I've tried to clean stuff... and disinfect, again.

And that's that - a freaking busy weekend.  Again.  Good grief.  :)

Here are a few pics. 
With Cali - we love that little girl.
Ready for church - and the goofy smile by Kayson.
Spoons with Great Grandma Janis

LOVE.  Finally they are both smiling and looking at me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment