Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cora's Shopping Trip & Saturday Eve

Over the past week or so, I've been talking about getting the kids some spring clothes...  cuz Kayson thinks it's been 'so hot'.  He wants to wear shorts.  Good grief.  Anyway, Cora has mentioned a couple times she wants new clothes.  Yes...  that was the plan.  :)  So finally I said that her and I could go shop this morning.  She wanted Kayson to come, no - only girls.  :)  

Ryan had a work meeting, but took Kayson with him... and Cora and I were off.  We were only going to Kohl's - one stop shop.  I knew it would be a lot, I knew she would meltdown, I knew it wouldn't last long.  And I was right.  Mom's know best.  

We headed to the clothes area... she was instantly distracted by flip flops.  This was her first meltdown, cuz she didn't want to stay close to me.  I think she dragged herself on the floor a couple times. So that was awesome.  We finally got some tops and a few dresses.  Jammies were next - but she was soon wanting toys and then saw a small onesie (like a tiny 3 month size) and she wanted that for her baby dolls.  Um, no.  Meltdown #2.  

We moved on, went potty, then decided we needed to try on a few of the dresses, just to make sure.  That went better than I expected...  so we were out of there quickly.  She then brought up the flip flops again...  I decided to just take her to the shoe area.  Big mistake.  Three pairs of shoes later...  and one more meltdown... we were out the door.  Good gravy I was exhausted.  :)

So... in a nutshell, she was cute, half interested, and very much demanding and all girl.  We probably won't do that again for awhile.  I may not be cut out for it.  :)

On our way - happy.  :)

Tonight we met up with Trish, Greg, Hope and Logan for supper in Ames.  I've really been missing them.  It worked out well... and was a very nice time.  Kids were wiped out afterwards, and soon in bed once we got home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment