Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Janelle - Allergies - Part 2

After two full days of allergy 'testing', I called in my results last Thursday.  

Results:  
Tuesday - I had the instant reaction to ragweed, cat and dog.  
Wednesday morning through Thursday, those spots were actually gone, but I had four different ones that were raised, red and the size of 9 mm.  I was told last Thursday that those 4 spots are different types of molds.  Interesting and yuk.  

So...  the nurse talked with the allergist... and gave me a call yesterday. 

In a nutshell, I'm a very good candidate for shots...  so I could do the shot route which would be a shot a week for up to 2 or 3 years, depending on my reactions.  OR, I could just do an antihistamine and my nose spray daily, no skipping and see if that solves things.  

I think I'm just going to do the Allegra and nose spray, for now.  I'm not a huge fan of doing shots that often...  so I'll try this route and see how I am in the dead of summer and when the ragweed hits, which will be August/September. 


No comments:

Post a Comment