Sunday, March 6, 2016

Kayson

It's K's turn for an update on him.
Right now, today... Sunday, March 6 - I feel Kayson has been a challenge.
He's growing up... yes.   He's learning things that are good, and bad.  He's seeing other boys and girls do things that aren't good.  It's all normal.  It's all common.  It's all school age 'stuff'.  But I can't say that I love it.

Sleep:  Kayson gets tired... he needs his sleep.  Period.  I've said this for years... he's our kid that just needs sleep, including the routine.  I do feel, however, he's done really well at adjusting to busy weekends...  but still - just needs good rest.

He got good rest this weekend really... we weren't that busy, besides him playing nearly the ENTIRE basketball game yesterday.  He did great... but I could tell in his eyes, he was exhausted.  Don't blame him at all.

Peer pressure? Wants to be like others: With all of this - and the 'learning things from other kids'... he really REALLY wants to do things other kids do.  I get it.  But there are rules here, and we obey the rules at our house.  One thing that's so simple and irritating --- he wants to wear certain things.  --- running tights with shorts over them.  Now, I don't technically mind it, but I'm also not crazy about it.  He says the 4th and 5th graders wear stuff like this.  Um... he's in 1st grade.  I don't know, as I write it out, it seems dumb to get irritated... but at the same time, he's very disrespectful about it, and his attitude if he doesn't get to wear something like that is ridiculous.  It wears us out... and pisses us off too.  #awesome

Food:  I also think he's going through a growth spurt.  He's been eating pretty well... still wants a snack all the time (this might be where sister gets her problem!!)  But overall, he eats pretty well.  He's somewhat interested in meats - chicken for sure, hamburgers and pork.  He also likes corn and mashed potatoes mixed together.

Independent:  He's starting to do some more things on his own.  Being the first child - we did and still do a lot for him.  But he's starting to do more like --

  • get his own milk/drink, and not spilling, yet.  
  • getting his own snacks/breakfast
  • using the electronics - he can run the TV like a master, and the wii, and of course his iPad
  • bathing himself - pretty well... but I still want to make sure he's actually cleaning himself!
Kayson is such a good kid...  but also a typical 7 year old boy.  He doesn't want to disappoint, but he sure can flip an attitude in seconds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment