Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sick Family... Gonna try Essential Oils

Well, it has been a super interesting couple of days at the Taylor's. 
As I wrote earlier, Ryan wasn't feeling well late Saturday night... and it continued to Sunday...  lots of sleeping, just tired he kept saying.  Monday he ended up staying home from work, which is WAY out of his comfort zone.  He slept literally all morning, into the early afternoon.  He had a little pep to him when we all got home, but soon was sleeping again...  and the coughing started as well.  He went to the doctor yesterday - and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.  #awesome (sarcasm).  Man, it sucks... and I feel bad... and I just want him to feel better fast!

In the midst of this...  Kayson and Cora have snotty noses.  Kayson actually hasn't been sleeping well (up several times in the middle of the night... just restless).  Tuesday morning he was coughing (it is a pretty loose cough, which is good), but he complained of not feeling well.  Right then and there (at 6:55) I called to get him in... and was able to get him in to our doctor at 7:30.  She looked him over...  no fever, and with the symptoms he's having, she doesn't think strep... but he has a pink ear.  So, she wrote a prescription for us to fill if we want.  Yep, I filled it last night.  :)

And moving to Cora.  She, too, snotty nose and really bad cough.  However, she's been sleeping super good (although, she's just a really good sleeper regardless)... but she doesn't have much of an appetite over the past 3 days or so.  Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call from daycare - "Cora is saying she doesn't feel well."  She had a low fever, and just wasn't herself they said.  I picked her up and was able to get her into the doctor as well.  Seriously - 3 out of the 4 Taylor's at the doctor on the same day!??!?!  NOT GOOD.  Anyway, she, too has an ear infection - but doc said it's really puffy and red...  so meds were prescribed as well, in hopes to knock that out soon.  

So... today is Wednesday - which seems it's been THE longest week ever.  We are all doing our normal thing today... kids are at school, me at work, and Ryan unfortunately, has to drive to MN for a couple meetings.  He'll be back tomorrow night.  I continue to clean and disinfect as much as I can... will continue tonight.  I'm wiped out...  my nerves just get so worked up when family is sick.  

With all of this (and I've been thinking about this for months)... I've ordered some essential oils to use in our house.  I have a friend (actually a couple) that use them and swear by them... I've heard several success stories, so we are trying them.  With us all being sick over the past couple weeks - this just confirmed that we need to try them.  More to come on that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment