Saturday, December 12, 2015

Our Week

I can't believe it's Saturday night already.  We had a super busy week...  rather exhausting as well. 

Monday - normal work day, Ryan had a meeting out of town.  I started a workout class on Monday's, in which by Tuesday afternoon I couldn't move.  One of those where it was hard to sit on the toilet... and get back up.  

Tuesday - Ryan and I attended Greg's "Step-Dad's" funeral.  We drove the 1.5 hours to be with the family for one hour... then back home.  Back to DSM and I logged in for a bit, but really didn't do much.  Tuesday night Kayson had a 1st Grade Music Concert.  It was nice...  25 minutes... and we were home.  K seemed to enjoy himself and knew it all.  Which makes me happy.  It seemed as though Tuesday flew by. 

Wednesday - another normal day, but seemed to be exhausting.  Like the weekend and the workout and funeral officially caught up to me.  

Thursday - Ryan had another meeting, a night meeting.  So the kids and I fended for ourselves... a super easy supper and early to bed.  I waited for Ryan to come home, but then I crashed nearly 5 minutes after he was home.  

Friday - Ryan and I took Friday off of work, well, I did - and Ryan was able to step away for about 4 and half hours.  I love that guy... and he's proof that his hard work pays off.  Darn over-achiever.  :)  Anyway, I did some stuff around the house in the morning, then Ryan and I did some Christmas shopping.  I think we are 90% done!?!   (Yes, there's a question mark there...)  I'll be doing some more sorting and checking off the lists (for the 100th time tomorrow).  We had a good day together...  
From there, we got the kids, and headed to Creston Friday night to watch cousin Jenna play basketball.  Unfortunately, the refs were TERRIBLE, so we didn't get to watch Jenna much, as they put too many fouls on her early in the game.  Huge bummer...  however, it was a win for the girls.  Following the game, we got jammies on at Mike & JeanAnn's and were on our way back.  Kayson was asleep within minutes of the drive home...  Cora was awake until we were about 15 minutes away from home.  COMPLETE OPPOSITE KIDS!!   We had a nice visit regardless!

It seems like the week just flew by...  so much going on...  and now it's Saturday night.  NIGHT.  I got my hair done this morning...  Kayson got his cut.  We did some stuff around the house and then just played really.  I wrapped a few gifts (which I'm over already!) and tonight we stayed in and watched a movie.  I'm tired.  

Creston Panthers!
Jacob cutting K's hair.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment