Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015 #3 and #4 (Us & Hardy Family)

Our day started with Kayson coming in around 7:30 - the kids were excited to see that Santa came and that he ate the cookie we left out.  :)

We proceed with our day - opening Santa gifts, which this year was a little different.  (Last year, the kids got 'bigger' gifts from Santa), this year it was basically just stockings 'stuff' and a game.  I guess no real reason for that... just that we (Ryan and I) ended up getting K an iPad, so we really didn't need to spend any more money... and I guess in my eyes - I love that the kids love Santa, but I want them to know how much Ryan and I do for them, and what we get them.  Maybe that's selfish, but that's the way this year was handled...  and it worked out just fine.

Anyway, then we moved downstairs and opened our gifts...  it was nice to do that downstairs. Plenty of room... new Christmas tree lights... and just a new space.  It was nice.  The kids enjoyed it... and then it was over.  Just like that.

The rest of the morning we had breakfast...  I did loads of laundry to get that out of the way...  trying to keep the kiddos happy... (which included Kayson being very impatient about waiting for his new iPad to be 'ready to use')  Yah, probably should have had that done beforehand, but we didn't...  he wasn't happy about it, and showed it.  I finally got cleaned up... and my family started showing up.

This year, we did the Hardy Christmas here!  Over Thanksgiving we talked about how we would handle Christmas, etc... and we ended up delegating our house.  Which was great.  I was nervous, and worried about how my Mom would do... but in the end, it was so nice not having to go anywhere.  Since ya know, I'm such a home-body.  ha.  They started arriving around 1:00/1:30...  and we just started hanging out...  had such a nice time with them.

We had a little birthday celebration for K...  and then did our cousin gift exchange... and Dad had some gifts for us as well.  Ryan made some awesome soups - a Cheeseburger soup and a chili - so good...  so that was nice too.

Everyone started dwindling out around 7:00...  I kind of wish they would have stayed around a little longer, but it's ok.  The kiddos were tired... and it was just time for quiet at our house.

We had a super nice Christmas Day.  Blessed.

a few Santa gifts. 
A Wilson fan.


Santa - big girl spoon and fork.  She's been begging for this!
her own camera!

Trish and Hope
Chase, Ryan and K putting a new Lego together.
Hardy grandkiddos.
With Papa Paul and Grandma Chery
us girls, minus Eden.  Notice Cora.  :)
Playing with the selfie stick.  Cracks me up.
us girls, minus Ash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment