Saturday, December 5, 2015

Busy Saturday!

Ryan is in IN for the Big 10 Championship game (Hawks vs. Michigan State Spartans).  He headed out early this morning... back tomorrow afternoon.  Short trip for them (him, Lex, Mike, Lester and another guy)...  and as of now, a very nerve-racking game.  Regardless of the outcome, what an amazing season for the Hawks.  I hope the guys are having fun, however, I hope they are responsible!!!  hint hint.  ha. 

Anyway, the kiddos woke around 7ish...  I lounged around for awhile, longer than I should have.  Finally got my butt in the shower, and started our day.  The kids and I headed up to Ames around 8:30 to watch Hope play in her UNI Club VB league.  It was nice being there, and seeing her.  She did great, given the fact that only 12 hours earlier she found out her Grandpa Corwyn passed away.  Corwyn was Greg's Mom's significant other... not technically a Step Dad to Greg, but definitely a father figure and a Grandpa to Hope and Eden.  Very, very sad news...  

Anyway, we watched for a couple hours, then headed back to DSM.  The kids did pretty good for me...  we got home, and Cora fought nap for awhile, but eventually gave up.  Kayson and I made our Christmas countdown links, which was fun.  I did a little cleaning... then Cora was up already.  Short naps for her lately.  We played and then Cora just wanted to sit.  She asked me to play with her hair... so sweet.  I sat behind her and combed and just 'played' with it.  

Around 3:30, I had a babysitter come...  I needed (well - wanted to just get away for a couple hours).  Lindsay came, I walked out.  I got a few gifts taken care of for Ryan, then went out to Lacey's salon's Holiday Open House.  It wasn't busy, so her and I were able to visit for a bit.  Then back home.  Those 2 hours FLEW BY.  

Shortly after I got home, Jess, Presley and Dax came over.  Lex is with Ryan, and we thought it would be nice to get the kids together for an hour or so.   I ordered pizza... kids didn't eat...  they played pretty well, and then it was time for them to leave.  Another 2 hours that flew by.  

As I was getting Cora in the bath - Hope texted me and asked if her and Logan could stop by!  (Seriously, the sweetest thing ever!)  They were in town eating, so they stopped by...  I got the kids' baths done, got them some popcorn and we were able to sit and visit. Then got the kids to bed, and they stuck around and talked/laughed more with me.  It was so nice having them here... and just passing my night a little bit.  

As I was picking up, I just thought of what a busy day it's been, but such a good one. 


Countdown links!  19 days!

Makes me giggle...  Hope squeezing Cora's face!
My husband taking selfies.  Hilarious.

Seems to be great seats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment