Friday, December 25, 2015

Kayson's 7th Birthday

7 years old... he's 7.  Crazy!
Our Christmas Baby woke us up this morning...  around 7:30.  He had gotten Cora up as well, which I thought was pretty cute.

I kissed and kissed on him... telling him "Happy Birthday" over and over again.  

Kayson has changed since being 6, but has some definite same 'boy' tendencies since last year.  One thing that has changed - the love of the iPad.  It's a tad overwhelming sometimes/ a little addicting???, but I also know that this is completely normal.  

He's doing well in 1st Grade, really likes to be at the Beyond the Bell program.  He tells me he doesn't like the 2 minutes from when I pick him up til when we get home... because Cora is typically naughty and she doesn't like it when him and I talk.  He hates it.  and I feel bad.  

He's officially 'potty' trained.  We did the alarm system over a span of about 6 weeks maybe... and it worked!  He's had a total of 2 accidents.  I'd say that's good!  

Kayson loves movie night and popcorn. When I see him enjoy this time, I feel that he's just such a big kid during those times...  wrapped up in a blanket and totally consumed by a movie.  Love.

I sometimes feel like K isn't always the happiest little boy...  sometimes he gets pretty quiet and 'down'...  I think this is a combination of him not wanting to be bored, and wanting attention.  I know we've never had a 7 year old before...  but I hope this year we can figure that out a little better.  

Regardless of K's ups and downs - he's a lovable kid.  He's funny, and he cares a lot.  He doesn't want to disappoint at.all.  We love him so much.

The kid loves snow!!  He was thrilled to see snow Christmas Eve.
One of his favorite gifts - Russell Wilson jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment