Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Years Eve... 2015

Well today, Kayson didn't have 'care', so I took the day off to spend with him.  Ryan had a cold inventory to drive to... left at like 4:45 this morning.  So the kids and I slept in... well, Cora was awake at her normal 'internal clock' time of 6:45...  and K woke up around 7:20.  I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts for a special treat, then K and I dropped Cora off at daycare.  She was less than thrilled that K was spending the day with me, and she wasn't.  Bad mom?  Maybe...  but she's much better off there with the routine and a good rest.  

K and I went home, played a few games, he played on his iPad a little, I cleaned just a little... then we did a Target run, then met up with Lacey and her three kiddos for lunch.  It was really impromptu, and it worked out perfect.  I just love that girl... so thankful for her. 

This afternoon, K wanted to watch a movie...  he chose "Elf", and I took off all the ornaments on the trees, started organizing the storage room to make room for TWO trees... and tossed some crap as well.  It was a really nice afternoon.  

Ryan got home around 2:30... exhausted and saying he didn't feel well.  Awesome.  I got Cora picked up from daycare, then the rest of the afternoon/evening we just hung out.  Played a lot actually... the kids did pretty darn well for me...  yah, Ryan slept nearly 3 hours.  I got the kiddos to bed... and then got myself a drink and started organizing LEGOS.  YUK.  We have so many, and it was time to organize...  I got some more small Rubbermaid tubs and just took the LEGOS apart and put the pieces into baggies.  I'm hoping this works for awhile... we'll see!  It at least looks better! 

Murphy and I are just hanging...  I'm still sipping on my drink, in the quiet... watching a dumb football game.  ha.  Happy freaking New Year.  :)

I'm hoping for another good, blessed year.

Here were my 'goals' for 2015:
  • Working out.  I just don't do it anymore, and I need to.  It shows and I'm not happy with my body. -- I just started working out again, in early December.  I'm half-way enjoying it, so I hope to continue.
  • Have more patience.  Keeping that on here - and will probably be on there for the rest of my life.  :) -- This will be on the list forever.  I have little patience with Cora actually - really only her.  I try, some days are better than others...  but I think I just need more time away.
  • Start on the basement. -- DONE and we love it!  The best investment we made, and the best space we have now in the house.
  • Eat better.  Again, I love food that's not the best for you (especially at 9pm!)  And now it shows.  -- Eeeeh...  not worth it.  ha.
  • Go on a vacation/weekend away with my family.  Just us. -- We did a mini summer vacation with Blair/Martina... it was great, but wish we would do more with just us. 
  • Go on a vacation/weekend away with just Ryan.  Preferably somewhere warm... and beachy.  :) -- Did not happen.  And completely bums me out. It's apparent we need to make more time for each other... 

No comments:

Post a Comment