Saturday, August 29, 2015

This & That

  • Well - we have the first week of school out of the way.  It went well, however, I do have to say - Kayson didn't say much about school, his teacher, nothing... all week.  Wednesday night I sat down with him and really asked questions, just to see what he would say.  Still the "It's fine, nothing, etc."  Thursday night - I got a phone call from Mrs. Turner.  (insert nervous tummy instantly!)... but it was a very positive phone call.  Now I don't know if she was doing that with every parent, but regardless - it was just what I/we needed.  She said Kayson is doing super well, he's a leader in the class and she's excited to see what he will learn and do this year.  She said he can be chatty, but she only has to revert him once and he's back on track.  All normal... all good.  I was so excited, and relieved too.  
  • Cora's new room is going well too... we think!  Chandler (one of her main teachers, favorites too), says she's doing well... and no problems.  Whew!!  I can say she's damn smart... the things she's doing and saying and doing some more - nothing of where Kayson was at just 3.  
  • We finally got Cora a helmet for her to use...  she's been using Kayson's, cuz he doesn't ride his bike!  She wanted a pink or purple one, but we got her a white one... it's cute, and actually will grow with her much better.  And she does like it.  Thumbs up.
  • It's been a gloomy day here... no sun at all, but still nice.  Some neighbors are coming over tonight for pizza... and probably some football or kickball, and it should be nice.  They defintately won't sweat because of the heat!  ha.
  • Ryan and I finally, FINALLY got new phones last night!!  WHOOHOO!  
  • I had the kids' pics taken last week, I believe I mentioned it in a previous post.  Eeeh.  Not thrilled with the outcome.  The few of Kayson were terrible...  and he's REALLY EASY, so I was pretty disappointed.  There are maybe 3 of Cora that I like, and then only one of the two of them together.  Not much of a variety.  SO...  moving on to finding another person, or I go back to doing it myself, and I really don't want to.  
  • I've been doing StitchFix, and I've really enjoyed it, however, this past one was a flop (the one before was kinda too).  I had expressed that the last time the tops were very much a 'box' look, so this time they only sent me pants and accessories, and the pants were printed, not something I would wear, plus they looked awful.  Another eeeh.  But I'll keep trying...  it's still fun getting the stuff and hoping something will work that I wouldn't normally buy. 
  • That's all I got on this Saturday afternoon...  been cleaning, and enjoying the quiet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment