Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekend

Yep, it's Monday night already... just sitting down to update the blog.  Our weekend was good...  no set plans, but we kept busy enough and just had a good one. 

Saturday, Ryan did some work in the morning... The kids slept in - Kayson til about 8:40, Cora til about 9:00.  Man - that's awesome.  They both got about 12 hours of sleep... it was obvious they needed it, and we are fine with that.  Cora told me in the morning - "I sleep good in my bed!"  She listens to us... cuz we always ask if she slept good in her bed.  So sweet. 

We did a few errands...  looked at TVs for the basement, and also a little mini-fridge.  I believe we have an idea of what we'll get - so that'll be next week I'm sure.  The basement should be done within 2 weeks or so!!

Saturday afternoon, Cora and I rested... while Ryan took Kayson to "Inside Out".   Following Cora's nap, we were invited to her little friend's house to play - they live up the street about 2 blocks away.  So her and I walked there - had a very nice time, played about 1.5 hours... then it was time to leave - and she kicked and screamed the entire way home.  Awesome.  Grr. 

Saturday evening we grabbed some pizza at a new pizza place near by... then went over to some friends' house.  They were having a little get together, and we decided to stop by.  We stayed about an hour and a half... the kids played a little, and we got caught up with the friends.  

Sunday we did church, then groceries and then Ashley came to spend the day with us.  We played some... Cora took a rest... then we hit the aquatic center!  We had such a good time.  Kayson did awesome in the pool - doing so well, comfortable, and showing us some of his 'moves'.  Cora is not afraid of anything...  she literally says "I do it myself" all the time.  That girl - man, we have to keep our eyes on her.  We had a good time.  

We got home... had supper, then bedtime was shortly after.  The kids were wiped out... and us adults too!  Ashley and I sat at the kitchen table and talked for a long time... and colored.  ha.  Yes, colored.  The coloring books were out... so we talked and colored.  Hilarious.  

Ashley came to spend the day with Kayson today.  I have tomorrow off, and then we go to Kansas City on Wednesday for our little vacation.  So we didn't want to send him to BTB for just one day - then we would have had to pay for the full week!  It worked out... and Ash and him got to spend the day together.  The day started off rough - him being tired and needed to poop.  Yes.  Eventually, he 'went'... and the day was better according to Ashley.  They played at the park, worked on a puzzle and much more.  

Ryan is out of town tonight... so I got the kids to bed... and I've just been sitting.  Tomorrow Kayson and I will do some errands, and start packing!  I can't forget anything!

So, it was a good weekend... and I'm super glad to be on 'vacation' now.  :)
The kids found an old camera of mine... they fought over it for about a week.  Now it's broke.  :)
McDonald's picnic (last week)
yep, that's my daughter.
Pizza place - gave the kids dough to play with!  So cool!

Pool time... my big girl.
He was so ready!
Helping with the shoe drive at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment