Sunday, July 12, 2015

This & That

  • Sunday night.  BLAH!  It's been a nice weekend, but man, by Sunday night - I'm bummed out!  I know having a job and a routine is important, but gosh, sometimes I just want to not go to work!  :)  ha. 
  • Cora is loving on Murphy.  My goodness.  She's up in his face as much as he will let her.  She lets him out of his kennel.  She wants kisses from him!  It's funny... but so sweet at the same time.  It really aches at my heart strings, that's for sure.  
  • It was hot and humid today.  Holy cow!  Iowa summer for sure. 
  • We are getting prepped for a little family vacation...  in a week and a half, we (us, and Blair's family) are trying to start a little tradition.  A summer vacation - just us.  Just for the kids/cousins.  I think it's a great idea too.  We need it - we need the family time - we need the time to be focused on the kids/cousins (even if it may be the craziest and most busiest time in our lives!!), it's ok.  We want this to be about the kids and each of our little families.  More to come on that. 
  • The kids have been really into puzzles lately.  I mean, Kayson has liked them for a LONG time, but now Cora is getting into them.  It's so sweet.  
  • Looking around the living room...  I can't wait to have all the kids' toys downstairs once the basement is done.  We'll take Kayson's little table down there too, which will give us more room in his bedroom.  Toys will have a spot... and it'll really force us to be downstairs.  I'm so looking forward to the whole experience - and make new memories down there.
  • I got Ryan a Garmin watch thingie for his birthday.  Thingie - it tracks his heart rate, miles, and some other stuff... fancy.  ha.  He's been working out lately - actually for about 2 months or so.  He's lost weight, he feels better, and has a ton more energy, and I can see that when he's with the kids.  It's been great.  Anyway, he's been wanting one... and with all our other expenses over the last couple months, he's been hesitant to purchase.  Well I bit the bullet.  ha.  And he loved it!!  It was pretty exciting to see his face when he opened the gift.
  • BTW - Cora will be 3 in a little over a month!!  HOLY BUCKETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment