Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July 2015

Wow - what a weekend!  and Happy Birthday America!!
Our Saturday morning consisted of sleeping in... besides me.  I just couldn't sleep - I tossed and turned from about 5:45 til about 6:45... then decided to get up and snuggle with Murphy.  My mornings have been tough.  I miss Quincy terribly... and feel so bad that we couldn't save him.  The whole thing just breaks my heart.  So Murphy and I just snuggled in the chair while everyone else slept, it was super nice.  

Our Saturday just consisted of hanging out.  We didn't do a parade... solely cuz Kayson slept til about 9:15!!!  and one parade was at 10, and the other at 2.  It just wasn't going to happen for us!  And that's ok.  We just hung out at home... and relaxed.  Around 4:00, we headed to the Waukee park to meet up with some friends and neighbors.  Grill, food, drinks, blankets, sparklers, kickballs and fun were had.  The weather was warm, but also perfect in the shade.  The kids had a blast on the inflatables and the adults had a great time just enjoying the weather and each other.   We originally didn't think we'd make it to fireworks, but we stayed.  It may not have been the best decision, solely because Cora was SO OVER TIRED, but we did it, and got the kids home to bed at 10:30.  Super late...  

Overall, we had a great time.  Here are some fun pictures of the afternoon and evening.
Shirt says - "Little Miss Independent"  So true.
I know he's squinting!!!
My friends.  Jess, Me, Nicky, Angie & Nikki
All the kiddos!!!


Cora & Cammers
Fun with Avery!



No comments:

Post a Comment