Thursday, December 11, 2014

This & That

  • A coworker, and good friend, of mine is moving... to Columbus, OH.  I've known Jim for 16 years...  he's been a great mentor for me, a person to bounce things off of, and over the past few years, has become a good friend.  I've sat next to him for the past 2 years as well. He'll still be with our department, just not here physically...  I'm thankful that he'll still be apart of our team, but man I'm going to miss him!
  • We've signed Kayson up for basketball at the Y.  Ryan's all in... me too, I'm not sure about Kayson though.  ha.  I think he'll like it, once we get started. 
  • Hawkeye and Snowflake, the Elves, have arrived at our house.  Kayson was SO excited Monday morning - it was so neat to see.  By Tuesday night, we were already leaving him notes saying he needed to be better.  ha.  So much for Hawkeye and Snowflake making that change right away! 
  • Cora seems to like Snowflake as well... she'll say hi to her.
  • I've started wrapping gifts at night... after the kiddos are in bed.  I've decided I'm just going to do a few each night.  If I stand or even sit that long wrapping, I get exhausted and achy.  (Man, do I sound old or what?!)  Yes, I am.  ha.  The kids have plenty and I think we are pretty much done with everyone else...  I think.  :)
  • Things have been busy at work lately...  but just as of today, things are slowing down.  People are starting to take time off and just push things off.  Sounds good to me!!  I, too, am taking some random times off... afternoons to do lunch with friends, or just a full day around Christmas week.  I've got the time, and I'm going to use it.  :)
  • Cora got her bottom spanked this morning.  She wants to do everything on her own.  I get it, but she can't do everything on her own.  Yet.  She says as I'm getting her jammies off - "I take my diaper off."  I told her I will help, but she could do the sides...  she got mad, ripped off her diaper (soaking wet) and started throwing it around.  REALLY!??!  I swatted her bottom.  That's not what we do.  The world was ending.  Poor kid.  ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment