Friday, December 19, 2014

Kayson - Almost 6

It's hard to believe our first born is almost 6.  Six years ago I was ready to have my first baby and I was scared to death!!!  And also kept saying - 'as long as he doesn't come on Christmas!'  Well that didn't work!  :)


It's time for a brief update on buddy.
  • Loves technology - love the iPad, movies and the iPad (again).  :)  That kid could be on that thing all the time if we let him!
  • I'm anxious to see how tall he is - he seems tall, but at his birthday party, he had a school friend come and he was a giant compared to K!  K is just skinny, but his teacher says he's a 'tall friend'.  (he doesn't have his 6 year well check til the end of January!)
  • He's reading really well...  we actually got a note from his teacher just last night.  Kayson is reading at a D level and the district approval for the end of the year is to have kids reading at a D level.  This makes me super excited.  :)  I can't imagine how much more he'll learn in the next half of the year.  Amazing.
  • He's a kid that can't be bored.  He wants to play, he wants to help, he wants to do something all the time.  I like this about him, but also there are times, man - I just want to sit!  (I laugh as I write this, cuz I really don't ever sit down!).  ha.  :)
  • He loves to tell us stories about his day.  As an almost 6 year old, some of the stories are missing pieces or he jumps around when telling them, and I love it.  I actually love trying to piece it all together!  Eventually we'll ask enough questions for clarification, then he tells us one small detail and it all comes together!  It's hysterical.
  • Kayson sleeps hard.  I mean hard.  This kid falls asleep super fast and gets so warm when he sleeps.  Lately, he's been sleeping in his sleeping bag WITH the covers over him.  He's so toasty warm!  He hates to wake up in the morning for school, but once he does - he gives me the best hug in the morning.  That's the best thing ever.
  • He loves music... and loves to sing.  He's a rock star in the car, I tell you!!  Me too... and Cora too. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment