Friday, December 26, 2014

Kayson's 6th Birthday

Another year has passed... we now have a 6 year old.  Unbelievable.  

Christmas morning, Kayson slept in pretty good...  but as soon as he was up, he ran out to the living room... paused... then back to our bedroom  --- "Santa came!"  (Just like last year)... and my words were "Happy birthday buddy!"  He said thanks... and explained that he got that remote control crane!  I guess Santa IS the best in his eyes.  ha.  

We all sat down and 'opened' Santa's stockings...  it was very nice.  Kayson was very thrilled with the remote control crane, which made me smile.  We then had him open a few birthday gifts...  which he loved as well... and I think I got at least 4 hugs following those few gifts.  MELT ME... and tears fell.  That's all I need - a smile and hug from my birthday boy.  And I got it.  

The rest of his birthday was full of Christmas stuff...  driving up to Clarion to the farm...  spending time with his cousins... opening a few more gifts... and getting to bed late.  I'd say it was a success.  

Kayson has had a lot happen this past year - he's changed a lot too.  He's experienced a lot of new things too, and he's handled it with his own type of 'grace'.  :)  He's an excited little boy, but can be so challenging as well...  he's learned how to nail down being dis-respectful, which is frustrating (I guess we'll thank real school for that... and society... and a little bit of us???  ha.)  He's made new friends and he's loved his sister more this year than last year. 

Kayson hates to go to bed when he's in the middle of something... just like any other kid.  But he can also look at me with those blue eyes and tell me he's ready for bed and doesn't want books.  He's smart, he knows when he's tired.  

I'm so thankful that he's my first born... we have learned so much from him, and I'm thankful for that.  

Happy 6th birthday Kayson Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment