Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cora May - Almost 2 1/2

"Cora May Rotten Taylor" is the name that Kayson calls his sister.  I tell him not to call her that, but 99% of the time, it's true.  She's a pistol.  She's ornery.  She's independent.  She's stubborn.  The list could go on. I figured it was time to make a list of all the things Cora does and says.  :)

Cora is almost 2 1/2, it's crazy to think that.  She has just changed so much over the past couple months.  I look back at pictures, and every month is so different.  I love it, but it sure is bittersweet. I wish I could keep her in my arms all the time.  (and her not talk back!)  :)
  • She HAS to do everything Kayson does.  No matter what it is - she's following him, she's doing the same thing.  It's so annoying to Kayson.  ha. 
  • She does not like the word 'no'.  I know - not many kids do, however, she's perfected the meltdown after the word 'no' is used on her.  She does a complete scream (sometimes with tears, but not always) and just stands there, in one spot. From time to time, she'll tell us what happened - which typically includes something about Kayson or Daddy.  :)  Yes, Daddy makes her cry too.  ha.
  • Independent - she wants to get dressed on her own.  She's not ready for that yet.  Period.  We will let her try, but it's a long process to get her to accept the fact that she needs our help.  Putting her coat on in the morning is the longest process ever.  
  • She gets into the pantry all the time.  Kayson did the same thing at her age... and still does, but we can have a conversation with him!  ha.  She's so demanding! 
  • "Turn it up!" as we are in the car - she wants every song turned up.  Then she tries to talk to me, so I turn it down to listen to her, and she gets mad and yells "Turn it up Mom!"  
  • I've started taking her backpack away from her on the ride to get Kayson.  Last week she got into her bag and rubbed Desitin all over her hands.  No more!
  • She talks all the time.  We thought Kayson talked a lot - wow - now we have TWO that talk!!  The dinner table is NOT the quiet place, that's for sure.
  • If she doesn't get her way - guess what she does?  Hits, throws things and cries.  UGH.
 
With all her orneriness - she has such a sweet side too.  
  • She'll tell me (out of the blue) - "I love you Mommy", or "Huggie?" and lean in for a hug, then always give a kiss.  
  • At bedtime, as we read, she leans her head in on me and just snuggles.  This is my favorite part of her.
There are a few sayings out there that remind me of Cora... and someday, I hope to have one of them in her room. 

"Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains."

"She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes." 

We love you Cora May.

No comments:

Post a Comment